Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Fat Diva who thinks skinny chicks are evil, who's on her way to becoming a skinny evil chick! Day 1

Hello All!

I have been dieting for the better part of my life and I'm tired of it. I have decided to start this journey by exposing my fears, insecurities my goals, my set backs..  This will be my start to my new life. I've read these inspirational stories and I think to myself, I have the desire to do it... just the drive is lacking. So I decided that I will post a blog, I would be painfully honest about everything. So here it goes, I hope you enjoy and relate so maybe we can start this journey together.

So today I started my first full day of Weight Watchers on the new points plus plan. I have to retrain my brain for this new program because I was so used to the last one. I started weight watchers initially 6 years ago with family members. I did really well, I lost 40lbs but I hit a plateau and I feel to peer pressure and eventually I gave up. I gained those 40lbs back plus an additional 18lbs!!! I'm a the heaviest weight of MY LIFE! I weighted in at 351.2lbs at 5'10" (thanks Jill), I kept a brave face but I wanted to cry. Also because I knew that I had taken as many clothes off that I was legally allowed to in public.

I'm very excited to start this new program, I get a total of 55 daily points and 49 weekly points. I'm going to try to keep my weekly points under control, however, if I don't you will be the first to know about it.

So far today, I've had 15 points. Coffee with skim milk(0 pts)  and yogurt(2 pts)  for breakfast. For a snack,  I had a banana (0 pts).

Lunch - 2 chicken legs with the skin removed (2 pts) 1 thigh (3 pts) garlic spinach from Boston Market (4 pts) and green beans (2 pts). I plan to have a cup of jello (2 pts) shortly. I washed it down with a Diet Pepsi,(0 pts) my goal is to break free of diet soda's and incorporate more water... we shall see how this goes.

BTW, the garlic spinach was very tasty!

I ended up eating my jello cup in the afternoon, it was sooo good.. but I need to get the sugar free jello to save points. So I was siting at my desk enjoying it then I found myself licking the container... I chalked that up to first day on a new diet low. So I then quickly forgave my cave woman antics.

I want to tell you all about what happened when I got home. So I was sooo hungry, I need to work on building up my snacks to incorporate more fruits and veggies. So I have a bag of Hershey's Bliss chocolates left over from Christmas... I'm like well one piece can't be that bad. I pulled up my E-Tools and put the information in, and guess what... if I eat 6 pieces, which is one serving it was only 6 points!!! So I re-figured it to only have 3 pieces and it said 3 points! WOO HOO!!! I had 4.. hahahah I had enough points left for the day to enjoy a little bit of that indulge.

For dinner we decided on Chinese food... that way we could enjoy a larger quantity without the guilt.  I had about 1 1/12 cups of Chicken and Broccoli (5 pts), about 3/4 cup of steamed rice (4 pts)  and 1 cup of egg drop soup (1 pt). Egg drop soup is considered a power food so I felt great about that! I made a pitcher of sweet tea before I started this diet and I had some left over, so I figured one cup of tea (3 pts) wouldn't be bad because again I had the points to spend. After dinner I wanted something sweet so I shared pineapple (0 pts) with my husband as a dessert.


Did I tell you all that I recruited my husband as well?? He's such a great support, well when he's not bringing me cupcakes and kit kats because he was thinking about me. Don't get me wrong, it's a very sweet gesture, just can't continue since we're on this journey together. I showed him this blog and he was very shocked that I was so honest, he said, "that was a very brave thing you did and I'm so proud of you. Look at it like this, even though you posted your weight, know that is the last time you will see that number." For all the times he drives me crazy, I really do have a pretty awesome guy!

I hope you continue to check in on a regular basis for updates.

Excited and hopeful.

TFD (The Fat Diva)

2 comments:

  1. I love you Josia and will be here for you every step of the way!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't diet. I just found other things to do to occupy my time and focused less on eating. I know it's easier said than done but quit letting peer pressure occupy space in your mind. Be good at something you are happy with and trust me eating will be the farthest thing from your mind. Now that I focus on the things I love to do I am not so emotionally tied to eating. I now eat because I get hungry not just because I can.

    ReplyDelete