Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 13... Inspiration

Another day on this journey and everything is moving right along. Again so busy this morning all I had was coffee... I don't like not being able to grab something quick but I'm not going to make a habit of this. 

The reason I call this day inspiration is because today a friend of mine who's been reading my blog joined WW... I was so excited for her to join me on my journey while creating her own! I went to a meeting with her and introduced her to my leader. While talking to my leader I explained to her that I was having issues with trying to eat all of my daily points, that my average was 35 pts a day so I was leaving 20 left over. She informed me that I needed to eat more.. .this is a struggle for me.. it's not like I'm not eating I just eating smaller portions and lower point foods. My thought process was to eat lower points so when I lost one it wouldn't be a huge shock to me. I took what she said and figured I needed to apply it.

After we left the meeting I bought some WW snack bars.. I had 2 (4 pts) I figured I would treat myself. I came back to the office and had lunch. I packed it the night before, I sauteed chicken thighs and made a cheddar and broccoli pasta. Here is the surprising part.. I thought the thighs were 3 pts a piece but for a boneless and skinless chicken thigh it's only 2 pts. So for lunch I had a total of 13 points including the pasta.

When I got home from work I had half a box of raisins (2 pts)... I was shocked to see that a whole box is 4 pts, I gave the rest to the kids. For dinner I made grilled chicken legs, teriyaki noodles and greens. I had 3 legs (4 pts) with the skin removed, 1/2 cup of the noodles (3 pts) greens (0 pts). Now this is the bad part.. I ate 4 chocolate covered macadamia nuts (6 pts) and 3 peanut butter patty girl scout cookies (5 pts). I looked at my tracker and realized that I had 30 pts left for the day.. but I should not have filled those points with bad choices.. I mean I didn't overindulge ... well I guess it wasn't that bad.

The meeting really helped me see things differently about this program.. and now I understand why they want you to use your weekly points.. they don't want you to feel deprived. So the next birthday party I attend.. I'M EATING A PIECE OF CAKE!!!

Thanks for reading.. until tomorrow, it's weigh day!

No comments:

Post a Comment