Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 10... I'm vey close to 2 weeks!

So today is Saturday and it's always hard to think about what to eat with my family. This time I decided we would have a complete breakfast and I wasn't afraid to use real points in the morning. I made myself to over hard eggs (4 pts) 2 slices of wheat toast with butter spray (4 pts) 4 slices of Oscar Mayer fully cooked bacon (only 2 pts YAY!!!) and I made hash browns (2 pts) I must say it's interesting having to measure your food. I have to tell you about a find, Smuckers Strawberry Jelly 50% reduced sugar! This jelly is AMAZING.. I was concerned I thought it would be horrible. So here's the deal, it's 1 pt for 1 tbsp just like regular jelly. HOWEVER if you want 2 tbsp... it's still 1 point! So I had jelly on 2 pieces of toast instead of only having it on one. My little exciting moment.. yes this is what my life has come to.. doing a happy dance for lower sugar jelly :)  That kept me pretty full. So for lunch I had my left over chili 1 1/2 cups (9 pts) 10 whole wheat crackers (3 pts) and 1/4 cup of the left over queso (2 pts).. not bad on top of chili.  I had to take my daughter to a birthday party, I thought I was going to leave but when I got there she asked me to stay and I wanted to help out. This was a major temptation... they had a taco bar. I wanted to eat with my husband because I know he's doing this with me so I passed, I figured I could wait for him. The worst part was cake and ice cream time. I was on serving duty, scooping chocolate chip ice cream. I was so good I didn't even lick my finger :) Very proud of myself! The cake looked awesome too and I heard rave reviews but again, I know my goal. I know at some point I can have cake because I don't want to deprive myself but at the moment, I wanted to prove to myself that I was able to just say no ( I think I just quoted a anti-drug slogan). On the way home I picked up Boston Market, you can't go wrong with rotisserie chicken! I choose 3 piece dark with skin removed (5 pts) new potatoes (3 pts) green beans (not sure why these are 2 pts) and 1 piece of cornbread (5 pts). For dessert I had 4 thin mint girl scout cookies. ... I AM GOING TO SUCCEED!!!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment