Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 18... Sunday Sunday...

I woke up this morning thinking we were going to be snowed in but God had a different plan.. He said... YOU'RE TAKING YOUR BEHIND TO CHURCH! I needed it too.. I felt the message really spoke to me, I just still trying to shake a personal situation that I feel like is blocking my blessings.

I started the morning with 3 hard boiled eggs and a cup of water. After the night before I felt I needed to take it easy. After church we went to Jack Stack and we had a barbequed chicken, broccoli and sliced turkey and ham. They put some type of oil on the broccoli so I counted a point value of 2. For the chicken, I removed the skin but I did have barbeque sauce. I had half a chicken breast (1 pt) 1 chicken leg (1 pt) I ate the toast that came with it (2 pts) I had half a chicken wing with the skin removed (1 pt) 2 slices of turkey (1 pt) and 1 slice of ham (2 pts) I had about 4 tbsp of bbq sauce (3 pts). I had iced tea with Splenda to drink. It was a pretty satisfying lunch.

After we left everyone had a sweet tooth. We went to McDonald's and they ordered cookies and sundaes but I knew that I only wanted a vanilla cone (4 pts). I was very proud of myself for not giving in to temptation. There were plenty of cookies but again the night before since I had that wonderful dessert I knew that I could pass on that.

We had Chinese for dinner.. it's always a safe bet, tons of veggies and lean meat. I had about 1 1/2 cups of chicken and mixed veggies (5 pts) and 1 cup of rice (5 pts). I had a 2 cups of egg drop soup (2 pts) and I use those crispy fried noodles (1 pt). 

I decided that I had a pretty good day and I had enough points left so I had strawberry cupcakes (11 pts). I had 7 points left for the day. Not a bad day!


Until tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment