Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 9.... and it contines

So today was a very busy day. I started this morning with a 0 pt breakfast... I had a banana and a cup of water as I rushed to my first meeting of the day. I felt pretty good. I didn't feel like I needed a whole lot more, I was satisfied. So for lunch I was going to have a chicken breast sandwich but I remembered that I had a coupon... and for anyone who knows me knows I LOVE coupons!!! Anyway, my coupon was to Chick-fil-a to get a calendar and a free chicken sandwich. So I mapped out a plan, I called to make sure I could still redeem it and to make sure I could get a char-grilled chicken sandwich instead of the fried one. That was 7 pts and I had a bag of baked ruffles (3pts) So not bad a 10 pt lunch and 10 pts for the entire day. For a afternoon snack I had grapes, but I didn't eat a whole pound this time, I didn't want to over do it (Bobby). For dinner, my husband asked for chicken fajitas.  I had to think about how to make this a diet friendly meal. I cut up onions, garlic and green bell pepper to saute.  I cooked 1.5lbs of chicken breast and I found Mission Whole Wheat Low Carb tortilla's (1 pt each) I was so excited! Normally a tortilla is about 3 to 4 pts each.  I made green beans as a side.  I have a very picky family...  I had a nice spread and I was so excited. I ate 3 tortillas and I spooned in 1 tbsp (total of 3 tbsp) of fat free refried beans (1pts) chicken with onions and peppers in each. Oh and I forgot, I made rotel with 2% Velveeta. My husband loves queso so I decided to make a lower fat version, for1/4 cup it's 2 pts. I had my homemade queso and shredded cheese. I measured 1/4th cup of shredded cheese and put it on my plate so I knew exactly how much I could have so I didn't go over board. I didn't use it all but I did have a couple of drops of the queso. I had wedges of lemon and lime to squeeze on the meat as well.. Dinner was AMAZING and I spent a total of 12 points on dinner.  I passed on dessert that night, I felt pretty satisfied. I had 28 points left for the day...

Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment