Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 22... My baby is sick

This morning I decided that I wanted to give this protein powder another shot.. .I can't get it to dissolve so that I can swallow it without chewing.. I'm not giving up yet! I had my oatmeal (4 pts) and half a scoop of powder (1 pt)

For lunch we decided to try a buffet.. a Chinese food buffet. I felt I could do this.. I had a portion of black pepper pork and onions, a portion of chicken and broccoli (4 pts) 1 cup of egg drop soup (1 pt) I decided to have a crab Rangoon... I'm not denying myself.. I had 1 (5 pts) and 1 spring roll instead of an egg roll. I'm not sure if I found the right point value so I counted it as 5 points. I had chicken on a stick, so I counted 3 points for a chicken kabob. I also had a steamed dumpling (1 pt). I finished lunch with a serving of pineapple from the salad bar. I was pretty excited that I didn't over do it... I SURVIVED A BUFFET!!

I was pretty satisfied from lunch so I didn't snack, but I did have a lot of water today. I go back and forth with having water but I can say my diet soda intake has decreased drastically!!! Another reason for no snack is because we sat at the clinic in Walgreen's for about 2 hrs, my son wasn't feeling well. Come to find out he has strep throat and a ear infection.. my poor baby. I hate it that he's sick but this is the only time I get to snuggle with him. Tomorrow is his 3rd birthday.. I hope he feels better so he can enjoy it.

For dinner I made chicken Parmesan with Shake and Bake (1 pt). I used a heart smart prego spaghetti sauce (2 pts) chicken breast, it was bigger so I counted it as 4 oz (4 pts). I used the ronzoni smart taste angel hair pasta (5 pts) and 2% mozzarella cheese ( 1 pt) I was a really good dinner and total 12 points.

I bought the chocolate smoothie mix from Weight Watchers because it was on sale.. I figured a good time to try it. I was looking through the recipe booklet that came with it and there was one for a chocolate shake. I had the low fat milk but not the frozen yogurt.. My husband heard me mention it so he picked some up at the store.. he's so sweet! I ended up having a chocolate shake for dinner (6 pts) .. it was soo good!

Another successful day.. Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment