Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 11

I'm so impressed with myself that I was able to type day 11 in the title.. I know you're probably like so what.. but guess what... that's 11 days and I have NOT CHEATED!!  This morning started with 3 hard boiled eggs (6 pts)  and a fat free cappuccino (2 pts) on the way to church.  For lunch we decided to go to Longhorn Steakhouse... SO let me tell you how much fun that was. Their nutritional information does not provide protein or fiber so anything you eat is a true guess. I tried to play it safe. A salad came with my food and I was advised not to order the fat free Ranch because it tastes like glue, I didn't ask the waitress how she knew what glue taste like, I now had a vision she was the kid in school who ate the paste and I could never look at her without giggling to myself. So I decided to order Italian, I thought it would be safe. For my entree I ordered grilled chicken tenders and seasonal veggies. I pulled the nutritional info and the Italian dressing has 25 grams of fat!!! REALLY!!! Thank goodness she put it on the side so I was able to dip my salad instead of pouring all at once. I saved a ton of points! When my lunch arrived they put a butter sauce over the veggies... SIGH... now my veggies have a point value. I decided to take the hit, I had enough points to spare. Oh I also had one half of one slice of the bread the serve... I got a taste but I didn't feel like I needed more than that.  I ate my lunch and it was pretty good and I felt good about my choice. When we left we went to McDonald's to get my favorite low fat ice cream cone (4 pts).

For dinner we had Chinese, some good ole chicken and broccoli with steamed rice. A good amount of food for not a lot of points... For dessert.. I split a package of Hostess cupcakes with my hubby.. one cupcake was 5 points and it was GOOD!!!

Well tomorrow is Monday.. off to a new week.

Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment