Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 5 - Another day stuck at home

So I'm very proud of myself for making it to day 5 WITHOUT CHEATING!!! I feel like that's a real accomplishment. I used to feel like well what if I died tomorrow and the last thing I ate I didn't enjoy. However now I have a different outlook, it's if I died tomorrow I know that I went out fighting for a longer life with my children. I'm not going to leave this world early because I wasn't trying to better my health. I feel so much better about myself, as thought I have a new outlook that isn't scary at all.

So I woke up to a blanket of snow covering our metro area and school was closed... that should go down in the record books, our school district hardly ever closes. So this starts another day at home with FOOD. I started the morning making the kids pancakes and sausage... I said I wonder how many pts are in these pancakes :) to my surprise, if I ate 12 of those little mini pancakes it was only 4 pts, I passed. Instead for myself I had 3 hard boiled eggs (6 pts) and 2 strips of bacon (2 pts) and a glass of water. I was pretty satisfied but also because I spread it out.. I ate the bacon first then about an hr later I ate the eggs.

For lunch, I ran to the store to get some food for sandwiches.. I must say eating healthy is quite expensive. I have to figure out a way to make this more friendly on a strict budget. So I had a turkey sandwich on wheat with 2% cheese (6 pts) with a small bag of pretzels (3 pts). For a dessert, I had a 100 calorie package of those little Hostess Cupcakes ( 3 pts) I wish I hadn't, they weren't very good.

I didn't really snack between lunch and dinner but I should have.. right before dinner I was starving so I grabbed a banana. Those are great for quick energy! So for dinner I made spaghetti, after all the ingredients it figured to be about 11 pts per serving. Not bad right, I served that with some steamed broccoli. Very filling with a high fiber pasta!  For dessert I had a bowl of pineapple... All in all, a pretty satisfying day!

Until tomorrow :)

1 comment:

  1. Be sure to post the results from the scale. I am eager to see how you are doing each week.

    ReplyDelete