Monday, January 10, 2011

Day's 3 and 4... dun dun dun... THE WEEKEND!!.. cont

Hello again.. this is becoming very liberating... I feel that I can share exactly what I did and well it might not have been the best choice I feel owning it gives me a chance to see first hand where I went wrong.

So this is Sunday.. I wake up and decide to cook a breakfast for my family. As a mother, I feel it's important to pass these eating habits along to my children. I felt growing up that I didn't always have the best choices presented to me but worst offender.. Eat everything that's on your plate. I don't want to instill that in my children because I don't want them to carry that in to their adult lives like I have. Like no matter if you're stuffed or not, you have to finish what's on your plate.

Ok so back to breakfast.. I made Oscar Mayer bacon.. I love Oscar Mayer.. not only because it's tasty but I could have 4 slices of bacon for 3 pts. I made 7 egg whites and 5 whole eggs that was a total of 12 pts for a whole pan of scrambled eggs. I can't do just plain egg whites, I've tried and just not good. Plus this was for my whole family so we all ate better. I then made toast 2 pts a slice with butter spray (0 pts). I served apple slices as well. So our breakfast plates were full but with healthier choices. I really felt like I did something good for my family.

For lunch, I had chicken and shrimp with broccoli. (4 pts)  1/2 cup of white rice (2 pts) and egg drop soup (1 pt).  I love that Chinese food is so filling and forgiving. :)  I snacked on a container of yogurt (2 pts) Yummy!

For dinner, I decided to try something new.. so I sauteed chicken and shrimp (4 pts) in sherry with a very small pat of butter (1 pt). I steamed green beans (0 pts) and made whole wheat rolls ( 2 pts a roll).

I finished the night with my husband eating 4 thin mints (4 pts) as a dessert.. I feel like these first few days have been pretty cool.. I'm excited to  get on the scale.. wow I just admitted that.. hahaha... well till tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. With the egg whites you have to make good use of spices. I buy the egg whites in a carton and scramble them in the microwave. I love garlic powder, so I use that, and because of my high blood pressure, I use salt free seasonings. Shirita found one I like called Perfect Pinch by McCormick. I add some diced bell peppers and/or purple onions and have enjoy a tasty meal. They are great with turkey bacon, a Philistia favorite! ;0)

    ReplyDelete