Monday, January 10, 2011

Day's 3 and 4... dun dun dun... THE WEEKEND!!

So this weekend wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Well add car troubles to it and well it was a great weekend! We had breakfast on Saturday morning from a local restaurant. I love the fact they had their nutrition information online, it makes making your decisions a LOT easier. So I ended up ordering a egg white omelet (7 pts) with feta cheese, turkey and spinach. I order a side of potatoes (3 pts) and dry wheat toast (2 pts per slice). I decided that if I was in control of my own butter it would be a lot better, plus I only ended up eating one piece of toast so I saved some points. I have learned with this new program from weight watchers it's more of a high protein low carb diet... it doesn't eliminate carbs so I'm good with that. So I had that for breakfast with some Crystal Light ( 0 pts).

So my husband is doing this with me.. he's so scared to use his points but I told him, used them or lose them! I think he wants to save them all for the end of the day. I'd rather have the majority of my points at the first part of the day so I can spend more time burning those off through out the day. So for lunch.. well it wasn't a traditional lunch.. I hadn't been to the store yet so had to eat with was available. I had... popcorn (3 pts).. I know I know..but I had a banana with it so made it better right ;)

I knew I had to get to the store!

So going to the grocery store, I didn't feel deprived. I felt empowered to make better choices. I must say, walking past the cookies and donut display at the front of the store was a little hard but I made it through with flying colors.  So I bought a lot of fruit, I love the fact that I can eat as much as I'd like. I bought some veggies to make a nice salad, some salmon, butter spray.. BEST THING EVER!!! Just enough of some staple items to get by. So here's a little confession.. by time I got home I was starving from the lack of a proper lunch. My daughter is a girl scout and all of her cookies just came in. So I broke open a box of thin mints and peanut butter patties. I only used 7 pts for the cookies I ate.. Gave me enough of a quick energy boost to cook dinner. I had pan seared salmon with sauteed mushrooms, a  big salad with light Italian and broccoli for dinner. 13 pts for the whole dinner. I finished the evening with more fruit. I felt I had a great Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment