Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 19... Start of a new work week

This morning started off a little different. We are having car issues so we are down to one. I had to work from home in the morning to wait for my husband to wake up. He worked over night, so I waited so that  we could drive in to the office together.

For breakfast I had 2 cups of fruit loops cereal (6 pts) and 3/4th cup of 2% milk (2 pts). I was pretty satisfied after that, not stuffed but I felt I had enough.

Oh I forgot to mention, the night before when we had Chinese, I had some left over that I planned to take for lunch but I left it out all night.. I was really upset with myself about that. So for lunch I had a salad with grilled chicken and light Italian dressing and a apple. Total point value of my lunch was 4 pts. However the red onions did an number on my breath! For a dessert I had a jello chocolate pudding cup (3 pts).

Ok so here is a bit of a confession.. I bought a box of strawberry cupcakes because I felt like I could control my urges to eat the whole box. 1 cupcake is 5 pts and the first night I had them I had 2. Now yes I had enough points to cover what I ate but I kinda felt like it was empty calories. Now that doesn't mean that they weren't good! I brought one to work to have as a snack.. and I had it during my midday snack. It taste great but I didn't feel like it provided energy or anything that I could use as fuel.. I have decided to lay off the rest of those cupcakes!

On the way home from work I had a 2 pt dark chocolate WW bar, to tide me over until dinner. I had planned to make Hamburger Helper for dinner.. Nice meal with low points. I browned the meat and put on broccoli as a side. Well.. I was just about to put the mix in when I realized I didn't have enough milk! So I had to think quick.. I could still make it with less milk.. but it might not taste as good. I looked through my cabinets and found taco shells. Voila! We're having tacos! I had 2 boxes of shells, a whole grain shell by Ortega (3 pts for 2 shells) and some thin corn shells by La Tiara (1 pt per shell). I had some 2% mild cheddar (2 pts for 1/4th cup), some lettuce that I shredded and a tomato. We still had  healthy dinner after all. I had 2 Ortega shells and 1 La Tiara shell then I made a little salad without the shells. After I figured everything I had about 13 points, most of that was for the ground beef!

After dinner we had dessert, I had a WW Giant Fudge Bar (3 pts) those used to be 1 point on the old plan and 2 thin mint cookies (2 pts) I was a pretty good day!

Until tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I remember that breath!!! Carmiss reminded me of it just yesterday. LOL You are doing great Lady, keep it up!!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol leave my baby alone.. she can't help get got the funk breath gene from her daddy! LOL Love you too! thanks for your support, it means a lot.

    ReplyDelete