Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 7... Weigh day!

So this morning I'm thinking I really need to be mindful of my eating because I have to weigh in today. So for breakfast I have my Kashi cereal (4 pts with1% milk) and coffee (1 pt).  I know that I'm going to Sweet Tomatoes for lunch today with friends so I figured I would be really safe going there. I loaded up my salad with a bunch of veggies = POWER FOODS!! I skipped the pre-made salads because I knew that would only add points and the idea that I don't know exactly what's in it was scary. I top my salad with about 2 tbsp of fat free Italian (1 pt) and I order water to drink. Now the friends I'm with decided to enjoy themselves at the salad bar but I know what my goal is so it doesn't bother me one bit. After I finish my salad, I go to the soup bar to make a wise choice. So they have all of these cream based soups which I know will be loaded with points but I decide to go with about 1/4 cup of chili (2pts) and about the same of chicken noodle. The chili was AMAZING!!!However, I knew that if I over indulged I wouldn't be happy with myself. So the few bites I had were plenty. I did not care for the chicken noodle so I didn't finish it. However, I can NOT go to Sweet Tomatoes and not get a blueberry muffin (4 pts) I had one and I didn't use butter.. that was hard but again I know my goal. I was pretty satisfied with myself, I had used only 11 pts so far for breakfast and lunch.  So I'm thinking about weigh in time.. I really wanna get that first 5lbs award so I'm trying to be mindful of everything I eat today. Not starving myself, but making lighter choices... until... I get my cherries to snack on. Now we know that fruit is 0 pts but I got carried away... I think I ate about 1 lbs of cherries!!! I felt like I had drank a gallon of water. I was kicking myself because I knew this would change the scale. I thought, well maybe since it's a few hrs before I have to weigh in it won't make a difference. So I leave work to go jump on the scale at the meeting. I debated bringing a change of clothes to switch in to before I got on the scale but I decided against it. So I get on the scale..347lbs!!! Ok I'm a tiny bit excited because I've like 4.2lbs however, I know it was probably more because I still felt full from cherries!! LOL So I'm going to celebrate my 4.2lbs, I didn't get my first 5 award but I was really close and that matters to me.

I decided it was time to used the rest of my 44 pts that I had for the day. I felt like I was having a cheat meal but really I was still in my daily points after all that I stuffed in my mouth. We went to Churches Chicken and I decided that I wanted to have chicken with the skin on it. I had 3 pieces, 2 legs and 1 thigh. I pulled the skin off of the thigh (3 pts) and I left it on both legs (6 pts). I had about 1 1/2 servings of mashed potatoes (3 pts) 2 biscuits (13 pts) a half ear of corn with butter spray (2 pts + it's a power food). For dessert I had 2 peanut butter patty girl scout cookies (4 pts) and 2 chocolate cover macadamia nuts (3 pts). So I figured this was a cheat meal but really, I still had 10 pts at the end of the day.. I don't know if I can ever eat 55 pts and feel good about it.

Well tomorrow starts my new week.. see you all tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. you are amazing.!!! you should be very proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!!! You are 4.2 lbs closer to your goal! I so proud of you, but mad about those cherries. :o( LOL

    You are doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jean... I feel like I'm finally on the right track!

    Rob... yeah I'm mad about those cherries too... but they were soo good :)

    ReplyDelete