Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 17... NO KIDS!!!

I woke up this morning and I was well rested.. no kids to wake me up at the crack of dawn! I woke up and was actually able to relax in the bed with my husband. We went to breakfast and I was determined that I was going to have a waffle. I'm very excited to talk about my breakfast and you'll see why. For breakfast I choose 2 eggs (4 pts) instead of potatoes I had fruit (0 pts) I had a side of turkey (2 pts).. I know it was odd to see that on the menu. I had 2 cups of coffee with creamer (2 pts) I biscuit, I didn't want the whole thing just a taste so I counted 1/4 piece of biscuit (1 pt) and a WAFFLE!!! So the whole waffle was 12 pts but I decided I only wanted to eat half of it. So I ate that half and I was satisfied so I counted 6 pts. I've learned that sometimes I eat because it's there and not because I'm hungry. So I decided to ruin the other half of the waffle by coating it with hot sauce! It did the trick. I've decided to keep myself from overeating I  will just destroy food until that signal clicks in my head. Oh I also had compote (2 pts)

I knew that I was going to have to have a light lunch because of my breakfast. I thought ok I'll have a salad... well it didn't work that way. I spent a lot of the day working on the report that I needed to get done on Friday and I had get ready to go to a movie with my husband. I grabbed an apple and a banana, I knew my husband would have popcorn at the theater so I counted on a couple of bites.  I prob had about a cup of popcorn.. he smothers it in butter and salt and I'm not a fan of that.. never have been. I counted 1 1/2 cups just to make sure I got more of an accurate point count. It figured it out to be about 3 pts and I had a diet coke.

Then we went to dinner... we decided to go to a really nice restaurant for dinner. We dressed up and I was so excited but I kept in mind that even thought we were going out to have a nice time didn't mean I needed to completely lose control. On the way to the restaurant we ran into comedian Rickey Smiley, he was in town for a show, he seemed like a nice guy. For dinner I had so many choices but I decided to have the Alaskan King Crab Legs (10 pts) and I had some butter.. again not sure what I had so I counted roughly 1/4th cup and that was 12 pts... DAAANNNNGGG I know right... I also had green beans but they were cooked with bacon so I counted 2 pts for that. I also counted the one roll I had (4 pts).

DESSERT!!! We decided to treat ourselves to dessert... we had.. BANANA'S FOSTER!! OMG... it was the most amazing dessert.. it might be my new favorite. Now the worst part... it was 18 pts! I actually dipped in to my weekly points after that but it was worth it. That's what they're there for right! I really enjoyed the evening with my husband and a wonderful dinner!

Until tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment